Friday, November 4, 2011

The Power of Twitter

OK, I am finally convinced.  I put together a livebinder on screencasting for my cue presentation tomorrow rather than build an actual presentation I thought I would just walk through the binder and do a demonstration on the smartboard.  As a side note - I realize that this is not a very exciting presentation.  Anyway, I thought in addition to listing the url on the first screen (so everyone could follow along and didn't have to take notes) I would also  create a twitter hashtag so that I could just tweet the link.  I also thought people could just tweet questions and comments.

So to test the hashtag and link out I tweeted out the link using only the hashtag for my presentation.  Within minutes my tweet was RTed by people who do not, or at least didn't, follow me.  How did it come up on people's radar?  I do not get it.  I am a little embarrassed because it really isn't all that great of a binder.  I was just trying to leave the SDCUE attendees with some reference links.  There must be people who do keyword searches continuously.

Twitter (minus the chats) is really growing on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment